Seasonal Fulfillment Internship
Must be available *in-person* November 16th - December 22nd - excluding weekends and November 26-27th (Thanksgiving).
This internship is unpaid - option to receive school credit.
Welcome to DŌ, we’re so happy you’re here! The DŌ brand continues to grow daily and we’re excited to have an eager and ambitious intern join us this holiday season to learn about all aspects of a small business. This is an educational opportunity for you to learn, grow and develop skills in the field you are pursuing in school. We’ll discuss your goals, interests, and strengths from the get-go and leverage those so this internship is truly beneficial to you! Hope you’re ready to learn, eat lots of cookie dough, and develop meaningful skills and relationships that will last a lifetime!
DŌ, Cookie Dough Confections, is the world’s first edible cookie dough confectionary, founded by Kristen Tomlan. Kristen's unique take on the formerly forbidden treat is a viral success and has inspired millions of customers worldwide, including the likes of Reese Witherspoon, Kim Kardashian, Ryan Seacrest, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, to eat cookie dough just how they crave it -- straight out of the mixing bowl! Her flagship shop in New York City’s Greenwich Village garners hour-long lines and has captured the attention of leading outlets including The New York Times, the TODAY show, People magazine, The Chew, O, The Oprah Magazine, and Food Network. Her brand has grown to include multiple retail outlets, a successful ecommerce business, shipping thousands of cookie dough confections to all 50 states, The AcaDŌmy, where guests can learn to make cookie dough through a hands-on workshop experience, an at-home safe-to-eat cookie dough mix, catering options and more! With the launch of her first cookbook, Hello, Cookie Dough: 100+ Doughlicious Confections to Eat, Bake, and Share, this past year, DŌ is growing sweeter by the day, which is where YOU come in!
The Day to Day
This internship is for you! It’s built to be an educational experience for you to learn and grow as an individual in the field of work you are studying or pursuing in school. You will be under direct supervision and training of our existing managers and members of our corporate team. We’re a small & scrappy start up, which means you will be training and learning alongside our team on the following tasks (and more!):
Your tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Helping to fulfill ecommerce orders including nationwide shipments and in-store pickups
- Helping to plan daily shipments
- Learning how to manage inventory & plan production accordingly
- Learning how to organize shipping accessory inventory
- Assisting with assembling and restocking shipping related accessories
- Helping receive and organize incoming packaging & supplies
- Learning how to create shipping labels for Nationwide Shipping orders and corporate gifting orders
- Assorted miscellaneous projects and tasks
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for rockstars that are eager to learn about what it takes to run a small business. You should…
- Have a can-do attitude - “no tasks are too small” mindset. Every moment is a learning opportunity.
- Be a self-starter who can take direction and run with assignments (like you would at school)
- Have a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Have really stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Be driven, hardworking, resourceful and “up for anything”
- Have great attention to detail
- Be adaptable – willing to help wherever and whenever needed
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be comfortable being on your feet for a length of time
What You’ll Take Away
- SO SO MUCH! (just wait)
- Useful hands-on experience in a small but mighty women-owned-and-operated business
- Valuable entrepreneurial skills
- Important understanding the full-cycle of making, creating, and fulfilling a dessert-focused ecommerce business
- Relevant professional experience in the field you are studying
- Treasured real-world experience like no-other!
- Cookie dough (duh!)
- Life-long skills & connections!
How to Apply:
- Fill out the form below!
- Attach your resume or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.