Pastry & Production Internship
DŌ, Cookie Dough Confections, is the world’s first edible cookie dough confectionary, founded by Kristen Tomlan. Kristen's unique take on the formerly forbidden treat is a viral success and has inspired millions of customers worldwide, including the likes of Reese Witherspoon, Kim Kardashian, Ryan Seacrest, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, to eat cookie dough just how they crave it -- straight out of the mixing bowl! Her flagship shop in New York City’s Greenwich Village garners hour-long lines and has captured the attention of leading outlets including The New York Times, the TODAY show, People magazine, The Chew, O, The Oprah Magazine, and Food Network. Her brand has grown to include multiple retail outlets, a successful ecommerce business, shipping thousands of cookie dough confections to all 50 states, The AcaDŌmy, where guests can learn to make cookie dough through a hands-on workshop experience, an at-home safe-to-eat cookie dough mix, catering options and more! With the launch of her first cookbook, Hello, Cookie Dough: 100+ Doughlicious Confections to Eat, Bake, and Share, this past year, DŌ is growing sweeter by the day, which is where YOU come in!
The Day to Day
This internship is for you! It’s built to be an educational experience for you to learn and grow as an individual in the field of work you are studying or pursuing in school. You will be under direct supervision and training of our existing managers and members of our corporate team. We’re a small & scrappy start up, which means you will be training and learning alongside our team on the following tasks (and more!):
Pastry & Production Tasks & Learning Areas
- Preparing goods such as cookie dough, cookies, cookie bombs, bars, fudge, and ice cream sandwiches/pies
- Creativity in the kitchen through recipe testing, decorating, and experimenting with new ingredients!
- Managing stock & inventory for production
- Checking the quality and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Maintaining a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Properly labeling, organizing and managing production of desserts
- Managing future inventory for production team
- Learning about the importance of working in an orderly workspace
- Helping with fulfillment of production orders including online orders, wholesale, catering, and more!
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for rockstars that are eager to learn about what it takes to run a small business. You should...
- Be pursuing a culinary degree or similar
- Have a can-do attitude - “no tasks are too small” mindset. Every moment is a learning opportunity.
- Be a self-starter who can take direction and run with assignments (like you would at school)
- Have a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Have really stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Be driven, hardworking, resourceful and “up for anything”
- Have great attention to detail
- Be super creative
- Be adaptable – willing to help wherever and whenever needed
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be comfortable being on your feet for a length of time
- Loves dogs - we have an office pup!
What You’ll Take Away:
- SO SO MUCH! (just wait)
- Useful hands-on experience in a small but mighty women-owned-and-operated business
- Valuable entrepreneurial skills
- Important understanding the full-cycle of making, creating, and fulfilling a dessert-focused ecommerce business
- Relevant professional experience in the field you are studying
- Treasured real-world experience like no-other!
- Cookie dough (duh!)
- Flexible schedule (summer Friday’s when possible!)
- Life-long skills & connections!