Who said appetizers can only be savory? Not us! Our Cookie Dough Dip might be the sweetest party appetizer that will have your guests dipping and dipping for more. With a prep time of only about 30 minutes, this recipe is the ultimate last minute party treat that your guests have surely never seen before. We suggest trying with graham crackers, pretzels, vanilla wafers, apples, celery - but the options are truly limitless.
Don’t forget to share your creations with us at @cookiedonyc!
First, let’s start with what you’ll need:
For The Cookie Dough
1 cup + 2 tablespoons of heat-treated all purpose flour
½ teaspoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
For The Dip
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips
Let's Get Started!
- Make the cookie dough: in a medium bowl, whisk together the heat-treated flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip the butter on medium speed until it appears smooth and creamy, about two minutes. Add the granulated and brown sugars and beat on medium until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes will do the trick. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl. Add in the vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well combined. About 1 minute.
- Add half of the flour mixture. Mix on low until the powdery flour texture disappears, about 15 seconds. Immediately add the rest of the flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Scrape the bowl and mix for a final 15 seconds.
- Scrape the dough out of the bowl and set aside. Your dough will have a crumbly texture – don’t worry if it doesn’t seem like typical cookie dough! Transfer the “dough” to a separate bowl.
- Time to start the dip! In the same stand mixer bowl, whip the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape the bowl and add the confectioner’s sugar. Beat on medium for an additional 2 minutes. Scrape the bowl, add the vanilla, and beat for 30 seconds, or until combined.
- With the mixer on stir, add the dough in four ½ cup additions. Scrape the bowl and mix for a final 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the mini chocolate chips. Get to dippin!