On October 15th, Hello, Cookie Dough had its first birthday!! I’ve loved seeing all of your creations over the past year and hope to see so many more!
To celebrate, we went live on Instagram @cookiedonyc to make this edible (and bakeable) Cookie Monster Cookie Dough! Check out our IGTV to watch it back and bake with us!
For the Cookie Dough
- 1½ cups chocolate chip cookie pieces (your favorite chocolate chip cookie—boxed or homemade will work!)
- 8 Oreo cookies
- 2¼ cups heat-treated all-purpose flour
- 2¼ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted
- butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- cup pasteurized egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops blue food coloring
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
Make the cookie dough. Roughly chop the chocolate chip cookie pieces and Oreos. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the heat-treated flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated and brown sugars and mix on medium until light and fluffy; about 4 minutes will do the trick. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl. Add the egg whites, vanilla, and food coloring and mix until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes.
Add half of the flour mixture and mix on low just until the powdery texture of the flour disappears, about 15 seconds. Immediately add the rest of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Scrape the bowl and mix a final 15 seconds.
Remove the bowl from the mixer and use a rubber spatula to fold in the chopped cookies and semisweet chips.